Thursday, January 12, 2012

Tunes of the Week 1 – Final Fantasy XIII & Masashi Hamauzu

Another course I am taking in Game Development is Sound and Audio. Though we aren’t required a blog, I thought it would be nice if I somehow incorporated the course into my blog as well. So I have decided to post some video game music that I have been listening to or that has caught my attention recently. I don’t normally listen to popular music on the charts, mostly sticking to listening to video game soundtracks. I think that sometimes these songs don’t get enough attention as there are many out there that are quite enjoyable to listen to, and really set the mood for a game. I often listen to old songs from games that remind me of my past memorable experiences with those games. Now then, for this week’s music.

Main Theme of Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy XIII-2

Masashi Hamauzu is a composer in the gaming industry, his most notable works being composing Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy XIII-2 and contributions to Final Fantasy X. Today I’d like to share the main theme of Final Fantasy XIII-2, which I find to be a rather beautiful piece. The main themes of Final Fantasy have rarely failed to impress me and this one is no exception. I even prefer this theme over Final Fantasy XIII’s original theme though they are both great in my opinion. However, overall I prefer Final Fantasy XIII’s soundtrack over Final Fantasy XIII-2’s.


Main Theme of Final Fantasy XIII

A Beautiful Piano Arrangement of the Main Theme of Final Fantasy XIII


Main theme of Final Fantasy XIII-2

No comments:

Post a Comment